If you are a visitor to our Forum, you can expect a warm welcome, a fantastic breakfast, and a great opportunity to network with other local businesses.
Our doors open at 6.30 for tea/coffee and networking, followed by breakfast at 7.00am. The meeting kicks off at 7.15am and ends at 8.30am. We encourage members to arrive for 6.30 so that there is time for informal networking before the meeting begins.
Our meetings usually take the following meeting format:
- Coffee / Tea from 6.30am – a chance to network before the meeting formally begins
- 7.00 – Breakfast is served! Continental, or one of the best full-fry-ups in Essex.
- 7.15 – Meeting opened by chapter director. Group explained briefly, and management team introduced.
- Members’ business card box is passed around the group. If you are a visitor, remember to bring at least 50 business cards with you, so everyone can take one away.
- 60 second round; all of the BGF members are given 60 seconds to briefly outline their business and the services they provide.
- 60 second time limit is adhered to in order to keep the meeting running to schedule.
- All visitors are then offered the same opportunity – 60 seconds to outline their business and services.
- Announcements, upcoming events – brief notice.
- 10 Minute presentation. Each week, a different forum member is given a 10 minute slot with which to better outline an aspect of their business.
- Referrals round; important part of the meeting where any business referrals are passed between chapter members. Visitors are not expected to have referrals, but often benefit!
- Meeting closed. Tea / Coffee served.